Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Mariposa to Yosemite

Merced River, Rocks, Snow - Yosemite  2019

Scenic Pullout - Yosemite  2019

I left Mariposa in 22 degree weather . . . cold weather probably due to a clear sky overhead. Went to Subway, got a sandwich and drove east.

One of my goals was to view fire damage from last year's Feguson Fire, but it was difficult to see any damage because of the snow cover. Probably requires some experience.

I pulled out at one of the overlooks to peek over at the Merced River below. It didn't take long for me to realize that I was walking on solid, slippery ice. Yikes. A cautious return to the car and then on to the entrance station around 9:15 AM. The ranger wanted to make sure that I had chains/cables, which I did, then waved me through.


Entrance Station - Yosemite  2019

No comments: