Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Winter Backpack - 2 (Big Pine Lakes, 1974)

Falling Water - Sierra Nevada 1974

Granite Slope - Sierra Nevada  1974

So I've never seen some of these photos before. It took me a while after scanning the top photo's negative this year to figure out exactly what I was seeing. 

Contact sheets: so, in the olden times I'd take a developed roll of film and cut it into strips. In the darkroom these strips would be pressed against a sheet of photo paper, under glass, and exposed to light. After developing the paper, the result would be a series of mini-photos, a physical record of one’s work that could be used in the future. In this case, 50 years later. 

Back then it wasn't possible to make prints of all the photos on each roll however. Had to pick and choose. So like I said above, most of these photos have never been seen before, even by me. 

No comments: