Sunday, June 18, 2023

Back to the Cemetery

Cemetery (Pacific Grove) - Monterey County  2023

Finished with mission photos, I drove back to Highway 1, turned left and drove a short way north to the Pacific Grove exit. I followed the road down to Asilomar and managed to make my way to the cemetery, this time without GPS assistance.

"El Carmelo Cemetery has been part of Pacific Grove's history since the 1800s. For nearly two centuries the City has maintained and cherished this final resting place. The oldest section of the cemetery has wooden markers and upright monuments located amidst stately pines and cypresses. The more recent sections are park-like settings with engraved markers placed flush with the grass."

I was in luck, as the morning's fog was still in evidence. Kind of like when I first took photos here in 1987. 

No comments: