Friday, June 17, 2022

Fritos & Beer / Pine Tree, Snow

 

Fritos & Beer - Sierra Nevada  2022

Pine Tree, Snow - Sierra Nevada  2022

We had a two-night stay in Bishop, and therefore one day to do as we wished. Hali visited with her friend Suzanne, who's relocated from Point Reyes to Bishop (!) I took a short hike on the Bishop Pass trail: the road to the trailhead was clear, but the trail itself got pretty clogged with snow a short way in. I wasn't really ready to push on up through the snow, so I got some photos and then turned back. (I last made it to the top of the pass in 2007.)

I took some photos with a Nikon Z5 and a 24-200mm zoom lens, not exactly a lightweight combination. If I returned I'd probably use some of my Olympus m43 gear.

I found a day use area in one of the campgrounds (they were all open for the season), and proceeded to have a lunch of leftover chicken (from Los Angeles), Fritos, and, yes, beer (Anchor Steam). Wow!

No comments: