Friday, March 29, 2013

Clouds, Tioga Pass, Yosemite, 2000 (Last 4x5 Photo)

Clouds, Tioga Pass - Yosemite  2000

I was curious to see when I last developed 4x5 sheet film . . . it was easy enough to find out: I got down the 4x5 negative box and flipped through to the end. So: a photograph taken near Tioga Pass in 2000. I've cropped out a significant amount of meadow on the right along with most of the water, then made some adjustments in Photoshop. Obviously I was going for the clouds.

What's interesting is that the camera and tripod were so heavy and bulky that my movements were severely restricted. And then, of course, 4x5 sheet film was expensive, so I never really went overboard with multiple exposures. I'm thinking that I'd like to send my 2000 self, via TimeTravel FedEx (®), my current dinky little Olympus E-PL1. Of course, the information contained in 4x5 sheet film is far higher than the digital files generated by the Olympus. So, there's that. But: the ability to move back and forth and actually, you know, ZOOM in and out. Wow!

Photo of the Toyo view camera.

Earlier post on problems using the view camera in Utah.


No comments: