Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Stream Crossing

Backpacker Crossing Minaret Creek - Sierra Nevada  2019

Backpacker - Sierra Nevada  2019

I've used this trail before, but somehow hadn't remembered this Minaret Creek crossing. The last time I was here the water level was pretty low, but this year had been a wet one and the water level was considerably higher. Another backpacker advised me to put my camera inside my pack before crossing. Alas, my Gregory backpack was quite full already, with no extra space for my Olympus camera.

The backpacker pictured above managed the crossing pretty easily, but a) she wasn't carrying a camera, and b) she was way younger and stronger than me, alas.

And I can't forget to mention that the JMT backpackers were reporting hideous mosquito conditions. After dithering a bit I decided to skip the crossing and explore the many campsites situated in the vicinity along Minaret Creek.

No comments: