Sunday, November 17, 2019

Minaret Falls Campground

Mike, Hot Cocoa - Sierra Nevada  2019

So, my August 2019 plan A was to backpack using the Agnew Meadows trailhead. Plan B was to backpack using the Devil's Postpile trailhead. (Which I did, but not for a full hike.) But now I was on to Plan C: a car camp that strictly utilized just the stuff I had taken for my backpack.

Back at the trailhead I loaded my stuff into the Toyota then drove over to the Minaret Falls campground to see if there were any sites available. Yes!

It only occurred to me much later that I had my first camping experience here in 1959 . . . 60 years ago. Wow.


Howard - Sierra Nevada  1959

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking me back to the old backpacking days. I’ m glad you resisted the stream crossing. I’m glad the minarets are still so beautiful, and that Fritos and beer are still satisfying. And that bonsai really resembles nature. And that you still can visit Reds Meadows. Memories using the Snuffy Smith trail? P

Mike Mundy said...

There were lots of downed trees blocking the Snuffy Smith Trail (the use trail between Minaret Falls and Devils Postpile campgrounds) this year.

And BTW, the campground at Devils Postpile has been closed! Don't know why.