Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Backpack

Two Snags - Sierra Nevada  2019

Backpack Stuff  (Devil's Postpile) - Sierra Nevada  2019

As I drove through Yosemite over Tioga Pass last August I was considering my backpack options. I wanted to use one of the trailheads near Devil's Postpile National Monument, which one dependent on whether or not I could secure a wilderness permit. My first choice was the trail past Shadow Lake going towards Lake Ediza. Second would be the trail leading to Minaret Lake. On the one hand, I felt pretty confident about being able to get a permit, since I was showing up at the Ranger Station the day before and only wanted a permit for one person. But on the other, there was a certain element of stress involved, not knowing exactly what permit I'd be able to get.

So, I didn't get my first choice (Shadow Lake), but got a permit for Minaret Lake. I got the permit all right, but I was slightly disconcerted to not get my first choice.

I drove down to the Devil's Postpile trailhead early in the morning, using a picnic table there to organize my stuff.

No comments: