Monday, April 14, 2008

Congressional Order of Merit!

I got an extremely exciting voice mail today. Let me quote:

"Hi Mr. Mundy. My name is Megan Myers with Tom Cole and the National Republican Congressional Committee in Washington. For your role as a business leader in California we wanted to recognize you with our highest honor: the Congressional Order of Merit. I need to speak to you about it as soon as possible." She left an 800#.

Well.

I mean: the friggin’ Congressional Order of Merit!

For a while, anyway, my journey to the Dark Side was almost complete. I haven’t been so excited since the day I received an invitation from Ronald Reagan to be on the 1985 Republican Presidential Task Force!

Alas and alack: Curse you, Google! For I have now learned that this is, unbelievable though it may sound, a scam designed to solicit Republican donations!

Uh-oh. I think that I might just have run out of my daily quota of exclamation points.

No comments: