Friday, December 20, 2019

Tram / View Camera

Tram (Zurich) - Switzerland  2019

View Camera (Zurich) - Switzerland  2019

So, I don't know what was being photographed.

I still have my Toyo-Field 4x5 camera. It's a very capable view camera, but . . . you have to use a tripod (I don't like tripods), the film holders are subject to light leaks on a continuing basis and the whole apparatus is pretty heavy. But more than that, the 16x20 inkjet prints that I can make using my current digital Olympus cameras are completely equal in quality to prints made from 4x5 negatives, if not better.

Oh well. The "trams" (streetcars to me) in Zurich were interesting in that they went up the surrounding hills on curving streets that made me wonder what came first, the paved street or the tracks.

No comments: