Sunday, December 1, 2019

Through Yosemite

Pine Tree, Lembert Dome - Yosemite  2019

Mt Dana - Yosemite  2019

The drive back from my camping trip took me over Tioga Pass and then through the entry station on highway 120. It was the start of a holiday weekend, so yes, you'd expect a backup before the entrance. But jeez . . . the backup went on for miles and miles. I wondered what those folks were going to do once they got into the park. I guess that my anti-crowd bias is showing.


Traffic Entering Yosemite - Sierra Nevada  2019

2 comments:

Curtis Faville said...

I've never camped inside Yosemite--just drove through. Never hiked there, except beside the road.

I have camped a few times at Yellowstone. The campgrounds become like homeless encampments, with all the conveniences of home--big motor homes, lean-to's, furniture, televisions and radios, etc. Makes you wonder why people left home, if they couldn't do without all the conveniences they left behind.

On the other hand, as I've grown older, I wish less and less to go without my daily shower. Today, the idea of spending a couple of days or a week on a hiking trip would be pretty daunting. Stinky and grungy.

Mike Mundy said...

Luckily, I remain fresh and smelling like lilacs even after a week spent backpacking.