Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Smoke, Ice Cream Soup


Leaves, Smoke - Marin County  2019

Ice Cream Soup - Marin County  2019

This was a first for us. Our electricity was deliberately shut off by the utility company (Pacific Gas and Electric) in order to prevent downed power lines from starting a fire. Luckily we were able to move a large quantity of food in our freezer to my sister-in-law's house in Berkeley, where power was uninterrupted.

But we couldn't save the mint chocolate chip ice cream.

2 comments:

Curtis Faville said...

Back in the days when I'd go photographing at Point Reyes, I routinely returned via Inverness and Point Reyes Station on my way back through Nicasio to 101. There was a grocery, I think I recall was in Inverness, where I'd stop and get a pint of Haagen-Dazs chocolate or coffee flavored ice cream, which I'd eat as I drove. This became a habit--probably did it a dozen times. I never told my wife, in order to preserve my reputation.

Mike Mundy said...

Only a pint? That's nothing.