Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nagano Evening Scene



This was the countryside leaving Nagano.

It was towards the end of the day. We had utilized all our energy reaching the snow monkeys: now we were on our way back to our hotel. As the train snaked its way out of Nagano it paused for a moment. I looked out the window at the panorama, got out my camera and took this photograph.

Here we have a landscape where people are living, working, playing, observed for one instant in time. Novels could be written. Movies could be made.

Then the train started back up and the evening scene was gone.

Photo: Landscape Outside Nagano—Japan, 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the "banner". Actually, I've enjoyed the last few, but especially this one and the last.

I look forward to coming to your blog everyday. The L.A. shots are interesting because my last trip there was in 1976 (except the train station in 1983) and while there's been so much change, it almost looks the same. Thanks.

Mike Mundy said...

Actually, I'm in L.A. right now!

Spent a few hours yesterday with Joe Grant checking out taquerias on Pico and Koreatown on Olympic.