Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Glen Drive Productions

Over the years I’ve come to use Glen Drive Productions as the catch-all title for all my creative endeavors, from artsy photos to Mr. Happy Tooth birthday cards. My California Seller’s Permit shows my business as Glen Drive Productions, and my web site is glendriveproductions.com. And, as you can notice, the copyright on all my recent photographs is under Glen Drive Productions.

So it was that yesterday I found myself at the Marin County Clerk’s office to register a fictitious business name, filling out a form and paying $32.00. In addition, "a Legal Notice MUST be published in an adjudicated paper within 30 days of the filing date." So that task is solidly in front of me.

The best part about traveling to the Marin County Civic Center is the building itself, a masterpiece designed by Frank Lloyd Wright. The building was featured in the science-fiction movies THX 1138 and Gattaca, and is supposed to have been the inspiration for the architecture on Naboo in the most recent Star Wars movies, or so says Wikipedia.

Photo: Ficus, Civic Center—Marin County, 2008

No comments: