Thursday, September 26, 2019

Kearsarge Pass / Forester Pass Backpack - 2005

Tent, Onion Valley Campsite - Sierra Nevada  2005

Nissan Maxima, Onion Valley  Campsite - Sierra Nevada  2005

As I was flipping through my earlier digital contact sheets I came across these photos taken during a solo backpack in 2005 over Kearsarge Pass. They were taken with an Olympus C-8080, my first "good" digital camera. Some of the photos are quite nice, if I do say so myself. (Earlier this year I posted some 2007 backpack photos.)

This was one in a series of hikes that I was taking that took me over the Sierra crest from Owens Valley into the back country. (Prior to that I had mainly done a number of out and back overnights.)

In those days my standard practice was to car camp the night before the start of the hike, thus ensuring an early start. Please note the powerful Nissan Maxima that I was using at the time.


Onion Valley Topo Map

No comments: