Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Honeypie

Honeypie (Milwaukee) - Wisconsin  2017

North 32 (Milwaukee) - Wisconsin  2017

We had dinner at Honeypie. Very good, but the best thing was their Pork Fries*:

"Back to the pork fries though.  There was this one weekend where my girlfriend and I had pork fries for dinner on a Friday and then I went back alone on a Saturday for more.  I was ashamed to tell her, so when I get back to her place, I stash the leftover fries in the back of the fridge.  When I wake up the next morning, I discover the empty carton in the trash.  The visual clue triggers a vague recollection of the night before, of me on the edge of the bed, in my boxer shorts, shoveling cold fries into my mouth, in the dark.  'Did I really do that?' I wonder, 'am I really that man?'  I take a stack of junk mail and cover the empty container in the trash, in hopes she won't notice--in hopes that she won't discover what her boyfriend is really like."

______


Afterwards, a short walk on the semi-deserted street.

*(Shredded BBQ pork, fries, cheese sauce, pickled jalapenos, green onions, bacon)

No comments: