Thursday, March 24, 2016

Waiting for Shuttle

Mike Waiting for Shuttle #1 - Sierra Nevada  2004

Mike Waiting for Shuttle #2 - Sierra Nevada  2004

I joined a group of backpackers at the shuttle; one of them took these photos while we waited.

Looking closely, I see that a lot of the equipment in the photos has stayed the same (just like my kitchen gear.) Not the pack: this was a Gregory Z, very lightweight but in the end too inconvenient as far as ease of storage went. Straps were too thin as well. It's been replaced by another Gregory pack, heavier but more readily balanced. I don't use two hiking poles anymore either, just one. Shoulder issue.

After I got back to the car, I opted to follow another car out. He was going pretty fast, so the trip to my motel in Fresno didn't take that long. After a shower: a pepperoni pizza at a "Me 'n Ed's" franchise, and of course, a mini-pitcher of draft beer.

No comments: