Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sights Along the Philosopher's Walk

Residence (Kyoto) - Japan  2014
Red Tablecloths (Kyoto) - Japan  2014

Although we weren't meaning to necessarily take this particular hike, we ended up on it anyway as we searched for Habu Textiles, an ultimately unsuccessful search. (It seems as if they've now updated their web site with an improved map. Oh well. Maybe next time.)

We had been here in 2008. But I note that I've never referred to it before on the blog, so here's a Philosopher's Walk link, and some photos I took along the way.

In regards to the bottom photo: I took it because of the red tablecloths. But alas! I now find out that the sign on the banner reads "Kyo no mame," which can be translated as "Kyoto Beans." Beans! We could have walked across the street and had our second bean discussion of the trip!

No comments: