Sunday, July 15, 2012

. . . from the archives #73: Half Dome, Yosemite 1983

Half Dome (from North Dome) - Yosemite 1983

Yosemite Valley from North Dome - Yosemite  1983

Taken with one of my medium-format cameras that I must have somehow managed to cram into my pack.

I remember this hike - from high up on Tioga Road to North Dome - primarily because on the way to the trailhead I hit a deer which damaged the headlight on my Toyota Celica. How aggravating! The deer cut right across the road . . . couldn't do anything about it.

Anyway, other than that, it was a pleasant enough day. Among the hiking group was my brother Joe and others that I don't recall. Getting to the top of North Dome afforded a quite impressive view of Half Dome.

Other Half Dome views:

Half Dome from below.

Half Dome from Glacier Point.

No comments: