Monday, March 25, 2024

Monday Wood Duck Blogging

Wood Ducks (Lake Lagunitas) - Marin County  2024

"The Wood Duck is one of the most stunningly pretty of all waterfowl. Males are iridescent chestnut and green, with ornate patterns on nearly every feather; the elegant females have a distinctive profile and delicate white pattern around the eye. These birds live in wooded swamps, where they nest in holes in trees or in nest boxes put up around lake margins."

I couldn't ID the birds from the trail where I was standing, but I could see the photogenic ripples they were making as they paddled across the lake. I didn't realize until I enlarged the photo in the computer that I had gotten a photo of two wood ducks! My first!

Wood Ducks (cropped) (Lake Lagunitas) - Marin County  2024

No comments: