Saturday, December 19, 2020

Nikon Z5

 

Nikon Z5, Olympus EM-10 - Marin County  2020

Recently acquired (on the left). Nikon wants it designated as "Z 5", with a space, but I'm just going to use Z5. My last Nikon was the D90 DSLR, for which I did a longish writeup (no extensive post this time). I've included in the photo an Olympus E-M10 camera on the right for comparison. Yes, the Z5 is much bigger (and heavier, of course). Among Nikon users the Z5 with the lens shown, a 24-200mm telephoto zoom, is considered to be small and lightweight, and I guess that compared to Nikon's humongous DSLRs, the whole package is. 

Usually, the larger the camera the better the final image quality, though I don't expect any major differences to be perceptible on computer screens. Will have to wait and do some printing. We'll see.

No comments: