Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Coast Camp - Sunset, Early Morning - Autumn

Eucalyptus, Sunset - Point Reyes  2018

Boiling Water for Coffee - Point Reyes  2018

The overcast lifted briefly just before sunset. Then, darkness and into the tent. For some reason, my thin backpacking Thermarest is not as comfortable as it used to be, 15 years ago. It's a mystery.

So, I put off getting up as late as possible, but finally had to, if you know what I mean. Pitch black! A head lamp was required for morning coffee making.

Then, a walk down to the beach.

2 comments:

Curtis Faville said...


I was okay with camping, or staying in my Six Pac, up into my fifties, but eventually not being able
to shower became too uncomfortable. Wild hair, sweat, body odor, etc.

Imagine what it must have been like to travel in the American West, on wagon or horseback, for
weeks or months at a time, without running water, or fresh provisions.

People would get pretty ripe.

Mike Mundy said...

Luckily, I don't have a problem with not showering. When I'm camping I rely on sponge baths and plenty of Gold Bond powder. I suspect that my routine might not work for most people.