Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Back in Boomtown

Boomtown Sign - Nevada  2018

Snow, Hills - Nevada  2018

Earlier Boomtown photos.

My plan was to stay one night in Boomtown, then venture north to Alturas for some winter photos. Alas, as I kept (obsessively) reading the online weather forecasts for Modoc County the prospects for photography there began to look pretty dicey. The purpose of my trip was to look at scenery and take photos - in the winter. So one would have to expect at least some bad weather.

But I didn't want my trip to turn into an endurance test. After the Alturas forecast started to predict a 70% chance of rain turning to snow with wind gusts between 30 and 50 MPH I revised my plans. I booked an extra night in Boomtown with the idea that I'd take a day trip the next day up Highway 89, north of Truckee.

No comments: