Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Tree Shadows, Buildings (Sony RX100 II / Canon G5X)

Tree Shadows, Leaves, House (Sony RX100 II) - Marin County  2015

Tree Shadows, Leaves, Building (Canon G5X) - Marin County  2015

I've been looking for a replacement for my Canon G12. I liked it a lot, but I wanted to be able to shoot HD for my - infrequent - videos. I tried using a Nikon P7800, but the write time when taking RAW images is way too long.

So I got, and used for a time, the Sony RX100 II, which has gotten excellent reviews. And it was good! But it turned out that the ergonomics weren't suitable for my particular needs. It was a little too small and slippery to use successfully one-handed. So it got returned.

In the meantime the Canon G5X was recently introduced. Not that many reviews were out yet, but camera specifications were impressive enough that I bought one. So far, so good! Looks like a keeper . . . I'll have to do a full pros and cons post at some point.

(Interesting. I'm not at all intrigued by any other Canon products: DSLRs, printers, etc. But I quite like their smaller cameras.)

[Update: DPReview recently published their review.]

No comments: