Saturday, January 3, 2009

Notecards


I resisted the idea for some time, but I’ve eventually come around to the idea that notecards should probably be part of my for-sale products. The main reason is economic: I need to have some items priced well below twenty dollars.

Twenty dollars (the price of my smallest 8x10 prints), which normally wouldn’t be considered all that much, is just a little too much for some folks . . . especially, I think, the folks who frequent Farmers Markets. Of course, the current recession also plays a part.

My current notecard offerings are all virtually handmade, i.e., notecards printed on my HP printer using 8x11.5 cardstock, then trimmed and folded. Photos printed the same, then trimmed and mounted. Then, card with envelope inserted into a clear bag and sealed. Very labor intensive.

My first step in production simplification will be to order some blank prescored notecards and experiment with those. Later, will have to figure out a way to print the photo directly onto the notecard.

Photo: Notecards—Marin County, 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm really glad you've got notecards now! Unemployed/self-employed people like myself would all appreciate lower-cost artwork such as these lovely cards... :)

Mike Mundy said...

Marketing art is quite the learning process.